WE HAAATESSSSSSSS IT FOREVEERRRRR

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Too Long, Amigo

Things have been hectic.

Major things have happened. Less with Project A, which will undergo a name change and a pilot script penned by the compatriot at some point but otherwise has cooled down in development progress. I've been trying to get some things tidied and work on the next phase at the same time, but that hasn't been a tremendous amount of work.

Project G is in a weird phase. I've been tweaking it more and more, and even attempted to reorganize my storylines once again. Even with all the stuff coming together, the ideas I have for my opening issues still feel oddly thin and unexciting. It may take much more work to get this thing to work smooth, and then there's more work after that to get it readable.

Project N has spent most of the year being worked on to much satisfaction. More recently, I decided to do something drastic, though: change format. I realized that Project N, in its original ideal medium, was way too ambitious, and in order to make sure it gets made at all (and I would like it to actually see the light of day), I decided I should also make it into a comic like the other main projects. Now, this poses its own sets of problems (some things in my original idea could not be transfered to sequential art), but it also gives me a tad bit more freedom. As well, I can use it as a sort of "pre-made storyboard" to use if I ever get the chance to pitch it in its original form, if that ever happens. I generally dislike that kind of pandering, but dammit, I want to see it released both at all and hopefully in my original conception as well.

I've also found a minor idea I had some time ago being developed into something enjoyable, which is good. It may even get its own code name, some day! Keep reaching for the stars.

No comments: