WE HAAATESSSSSSSS IT FOREVEERRRRR

Friday, April 4, 2008

Finish

Let's get that last bit of Project posting done, shall we?

Project N
This one is a bit different, as it is not a comic. Rather, it is something even more impossible to get made - a TV show. Yep, I want to step into the world of scripted television as well. Albeit, the Internet could make it easier. More on that later.
The snappiest way to sell....errr, describe it, is "20% autobiography, 80% insanity". What that entails is that it uses characters and events based off real people I know/knew and real things I have experienced, coupled with whatever ideas I can come up that sound entertaining. I'd hope the fantastic elements will drown out any sense that this just me feeling like my life is SOOOOO amazing and interesting. And they are indeed fantastic elements. Realism is not an obstacle!
Now, this could easily turn into a 'LOL random story of the week LOL', but I am attempting to create a coherent 'universe' for the show, as well as linked-but-not-continuity heavy storylines. Some of my favorite shows have several standalone episodes beforehand, and then for the final few go nuts and show the thread connecting them all and tying up loose ends in an epic way. That would be what I'd want to do. Also, try to get big theme that would be represented by all the characters and their actions.
I don't think I mentioned that this would be animated yet. I know, I know, that's a pretty obvious nerd thing. Even so, I think that it would best suit the stories and some of the style things I want to do. Yes, I want to do style things.
Now, I imagine this as a TV show, but chances are that won't work out. Add in the difficulty of getting animation...animated, and this then turns into the hardest of my projects to make into an actual product. Even so, I will make a serious attempt if I get some creative credibility sometime in the future. And even if I can't get on TV, as I mentioned, the Internet provides an alternative. If I can get some suckers to do the actual drawing section (much like my comics), I can easily air it on the web. Who knows? Maybe by the time I get to chance to do my thing, this will become standard. Ah, the Internet. Finally, us slices of egomaniacal mediocrity get a chance at fame!

And that's the last of my main projects. I have a few smaller ideas that I would like to see come to fruition, and maybe sometime I'll talk about them, too. The evolution of these ideas may be interesting, although only to me. The rest of you, how many or few there are, are just unwary hitchhikers.

No comments: