WE HAAATESSSSSSSS IT FOREVEERRRRR

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Weekend Rumormongering

I haven't been reporting most of the purported 'leaks', and since most of them have been shot down in the last while, I guess I have no reason to. But here's two new ones, just for kicks:

On many forums, a 'newspaper review' said that there are 48 characters in Brawl, and there will be new clones. Now, 48, for me, is completely unbelievable. Adding to my skepticism, the scan of the 'article' in question looks more like a printout. Apparently, part of the article is even copy/pasted from the Wiki article on the game. Count me as not believing it at all.

Elsewhere, on NeoGAF, a lone poster states that there are 35 characters and 41 stages (counting Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik and single entities). I am more willing to believe this, as it sounds a whole lot more attainable (and, really, was pretty much how much I was thinking). Still, 'some guy on the Internet' isn't exactly numero uno when it comes to people I will believe completely, so take it with a grain of salt.

Ugh, this is complete crap. I can't wait for some knucklehead to post some actual screens of the full game so we can free ourselves from the iron grip of the random Internet guy. Here's to two weeks from now.

No comments: