WE HAAATESSSSSSSS IT FOREVEERRRRR

Friday, November 30, 2007

November to December Plus Melee Stage Speculation

And November ends on an interesting note. And interesting note that I maintain, makes complete sense for the last day before the game was supposed to come out. I've been saying this all month, and I've found no reason not to.

Say whatever you want about the month, they made a lot of progress. Every new character has their special moves, there's only 5 Final Smashes remaining, most of the returning Melee modes have been covered, there was an abnormal number of Music updates...Like I said, they covered a lot of important ground, even if a lot of it was revealed at E For All. Even so, most complaining people were just getting antsy because there were no characters this month, so I guess I don't to get too apologetic.

The reason for no characters? Well, I'm guessing there had to be a period without any in order to not get into spoilers too early. November was chosen for the gap because, probably, it seemed like the best midpoint for the whole thing. Of course, there could be other reasons they wanted to show characters in December, so let's get into that?

There is a certain character's anniversary on the 17th that could possibly spell a good date for their unveiling in Brawl. This character is one many, many people want. I think you all know who I'm talking about, so even though I hate getting your hopes up, I'm just throwing it out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if a character appeared on Monday, either, as that was the original release date. That would be a pretty neat move, wouldn't it? Revealing the last starting character on the day of release, I mean. That would be pretty neat, I think.

But while I said that I don't think the November updates weren't changed despite the delay, I do think that some shuffling must have been done in the December updates. I mean, if the game had come out normally, they would be allowed to reveal secret stuff at this point. But they can't, or at least they probably won't. Albeit, this more or less only affects characters and possibly game modes. Everything else pretty much has a little bit more to go before getting into spoiler territory.

Everything else will be able to chug along as normal. Two more stages this month, and I can almost guarantee they will be Sonic and F-Zero-related. There's really no other route they can take here, can they? CAN THEY?

For Music, I don't expect AS much as November, maybe. Just two. Earthbound and Sonic. And since it'd be fun, they could throw Sonic's music on the same day as Sonic's stage.

Items? They got about 5 or so that haven't been shown (and something tells me the 'stealth items' from the updates last month won't be mentioned). I expect possibly two more to finish up another row in that section. The Urchin and Lightning Bolt are fun for this role.

Assist Trophies? Two more to start another row, methinks. One we've already got confirmed (I'll say Metroid) and one brand new one.

Pokeball Pokemon? Again, two to fill the role. Probably Latios/Latias and Gardevoir. If not, maybe one talking about Pokemon from previous games.

How To Play? We got a lot of those last month. Since there isn't a whole lot of ground to cover, I think we might only see about two or three. Maybe crawling will be among them. We should probably get one about Aerial stuff, too.

Now, Game Modes is interesting. There's only a few modes from Melee not yet confirmed to return. Multi-Man, the alternate multiplayer game types, and All-Star, to name a few. All-Star will probably be secret again, so I don't expect that. Of course, they could always pull a few less expected (or possibly wanted) returning modes, like say, the Language Options or Game Records, to beef up the updates a bit, as well. Otherwise, though, I think we'll get at least one brand new game mode.

Adventure Mode keeps getting neglected, with only one update last month. I'd say its about time it got its due, at the very least giving us a better idea on how the thing plays. We've received two 'story' updates in a row, so the first one will probably be gameplay-related, most likely about that upgrade system they mentioned in the Team update. Another story update or two would be fine as well, maybe a boss? In any case, I want more Subspace Emissary!

There were lots of Final Smashes last month, so I don't think we'll go as far in December. If they are introducing more characters again, though, it might be smart to get rid of some more of the old character's stuff before moving on. I fully expect Zero Suit Samus and Sonic to get theirs this month, and maybe King Dedede. If some of the mysteries behind Zelda are revealed, we'll probably find out what hers is as well.

Well, that's about it. Now is the wait. Let us see what Santa brings us...

*******************************************************

Okay, so November 30th revealed to us that they were bringing back some stages from Melee. They showed us the Temple, and leaves the rest for us to find out when we pick up the game. This puts fans in a tizzy, trying to figure out what classic stages will get revived.

I'll offer up my opinion. Now, they didn't say all the old stages would return, just 'a number'. For this number, I'll say about 8. That leaves 7 more possibilities. If I could choose, which ones would I pick?

*Fountain of Dreams - Not the most interesting stage, but it has a unique atmosphere. Plus, you can recreate the Kirby vs. Dedede battle here, finally.

*Brinstar Depths - The other Brinstar is a little too close to Norfair, so I'd choose its more interesting counterpart. You may not want to play on it all the time, but its there for those who do.

*Yoshi's Island - Super Mario World is classic, so I don't see why the level recreating it is out of the question. Yoshi's Island is also kinda fun, as well.

*Corneria - People really like their big, long ships.

*Princess Peach's Castle - It's classic Mario, man!

*Fourside - Somehow, this one seems less likely to be chosen then Onett (which appeared in more than one game in the Mother series). But I like the cityscape archetype, which we've yet to see in Brawl.

*Kingdom II - Chances are there will be a stage recreating Super Mario Bros., but I can't really think of anything else that can represent Super Mario Bros. 2 as well as this.

I've noticed a lot of people suggesting Final Destination, but chances are Brawl will have its own version of that arena, so I don't think it'll make the cut.
*************************************

Oh yeah, predicting next week.

Character
Pokemon
Stage
Adventure Mode
Game Mode

No comments: